Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weaving 3





I have been showing ya photos about how to set the loom, but can't explain much any way the photo say it all. This is me first scarf in a weaving loom of four shuffles, quiet tricky and complicate ,using math always stress me a bit. But is so much fun and diversity of things to consider and techniques to learn. Hope to do so much weaving. I went to one of the meetings al Burgood, in NSW spinners and weavers, the meeting of the month and sombody gave away a loom, I could not belive it, it was quiet rusty but is a thing to fix and that's it. I HAVE A LOOOOOOOOMMMMMM. So exiting about, thank you to that anonimous lady who gavi it away.
Also it is an honour to be Lis student, a lady with so much experience and understanding of this carft. Thank you Lis.
The scraf has different finishing, it dosent need to be the same, and I love to do unusual things.On me right hand I have a aneven fringe and in the other is an indian stile. I will be showing ya the different weavings I been learning.
Les he estado mostrando fotos de como enebrar el telar, las fotos lo dicen todo. Esta es la primera bufanda en un telar de 4 ... sorry no sé en español, un poquito complicado de enebrar, hay que usar matemáticas que siempre me estresa.Hay tantas cosas que considerar y técnicas que aprender. Espero poder hace mucho telar.
Fui a una de las reuniones del Guild de Burgood ,NSW spinners and weavers donde una señora regalo su telar, no podia creerlo, necesita se arreglado pues esta un poco oxido pero tiene arreglo. Tengo un TELAAAAAAAAAAAAR , que emocionante.
Gracias a la señora que lo regalo.
También para mi es un honor de estar en la clase con Lis Coleman, una señora con tanta sabiduria y entendimiento en esta manualidad.
La bufanda tiene dos terminaciones diferentes, no tienen que ser iguales, a un lado una terminacion en diferentes largos y en la otra una forma de estilo indio.

No comments: